Get real-time data from our study plot right here.
Software Update for Tracker 2 Transceivers:
Free at Dancing Snow!
Backcountry Access (BCA) has announced a software update for the world-renowned Tracker 2 transceiver, one of the most popular and reliable units available. The update improves transceiver performance in low-power mode, a special feature of the unit. This is not a recall or a mandatory upgrade, but an upgrade to ensure the best possible functioning of your unit. Upgrades will be available free of charge through Dancing Snow, a BCA authorized dealer.
If a user leaves a Tracker 2 in the powered-on state for more than 12 hours with no input, it automatically switches to the low-power mode to conserve battery life. It then emits an audible beep every two minutes. Along with saving power, this also lets people know if a unit has inadvertently been left on while in storage.
Most people will probably never use this mode, turning their beacon on in the morning or at the trailhead for a transceiver check, then shutting down the unit at the end of the day. However, when entering the low-power mode, the transmit pulse can vary slightly from international standards. So, while there have been no accidents or problems associated with this fact, and only one other transceiver has had any problem in picking up signals from the Tracker 2, every owner should update the software in their Tracker 2.
For more details, these links will give you the official release from BCA on the update, and an FAQ sheet as well.
To update your transceiver, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 090-1433-1247. You can send your Tracker 2 transceiver cash-on-delivery by your favorite delivery service; we’ll update the software and return the transceiver to you free of charge.
The BOA closure system found on snowboard boots, our Tubbs snowshoes, boots, golf shoes, running shoes and a whole lot more is a tough, clever way to get tightly into your footwear.
The wires can break (apparently the twist unit can get bashed to death by some of you mad tree bouncers)—although it doesn't happen that often. If it does, just come by Dancing Snow. We've been trained, we have the parts (which are free), and we can get you back in pristine form and ready to head back out on the hill. The labor will be affordable, too—just buy a beer and relax while we rethread the wires! (or a coffee, or a new BCA avalanche transceiver. We aren't fussy). Let us know if we can help!
Dancing Snow is here to guide you up into the mountains, but we're also ready with a variety of things you'll need to be safe and have fun when you're traveling in the hills:
· BCA snow safety gear: beacons, shovels, probes, airbags
· K2 skis, poles, boots
· Tubbs snowshoes
· Fits ski and hiking socks
· Ultra-light Blue Ice ski-use harnesses
· Myoko-original items from Maruni Jeans
Ready for some new skis just right for the Myoko snows? You can get those shiny new boards right here at Dancing Snow!
For the newest info:
Be sure to check out our Facebook page.
1. Depending on weather and snow conditions, tour destinations may be changed, or the tour cancelled.
2. Backcountry skiing and snowboarding involves the risk of injury or death. For that reason, we require all guests to sign a waiver before taking part in backcountry activities (a pdf version can be found here). At the same time, our guides have training in first aid, avalanche forecasting and rescue, and are dedicated to providing the most enjoyable, well-planned experience possible
3. Every Dancing Snow client is automatically included in our group insurance policy at no additional charge (please contact us if you would like more details on coverage). We also strongly suggest that all those taking part in backcountry tours have their own active insurance policy which covers outdoor activities. Note on personal information
To ensure the privacy of our guests, we do ask for personal information including telephone numbers, emergency contacts, etc., as part of registration for lessons and tours. We will not use this information for anything other than this purpose, nor will we release any personal information to any third parties.